|Gamberi Linguine - or prawns and pasta to us heathens!|
- 1 pack of tiger prawns (be sure to thoroughly defrost if frozen
- Teaspoon of chopped chilli (gourmet garden is great)
- Half a bulb of garlic (whizz them into a paste use more or less according to your taste)
- 1 diced onion
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tin of cherry tomatoes (on this occasion I'd go for a tesco finest or other supermarket version of similar quality)
- Fresh Parmesan
- One pack of Linguine (fresh or dry - your choice)
Start the linguine cooking process then its pressure time!
Using olive oil and a wok, lightly cook the prawns. garlic and onion, adding the chilli last.
Quickly add the tinned tomatoes whilst stirring. Transfer to a pan and leave on a very low heat whilst the pasta gets ready. Rip up the basil leaves and put into the sauce.
I'd suggest draining the linguine in a large bowl then adding the sauce and stirring. This way the pasta gets coated evenly and the plate won't be drowned in sauce. Serve onto plates using tongs then shave parmesan on top for taste and decoration.
Seasoning is in the eye of the beholder so make sure there is black pepper and salt on the table.
There it is - cooking time around 25 mins all in, serve with bread and oils to be more posh!