1 large onion roughly chopped
1 carrot thinly sliced
1 large leek thinly sliced (into rings so as easy to seperate slightly)
1 pack of baby mushrooms
1 green pepper
3 cloves of garlic
Several green olives
1 glass of decent red wine (I know, what a waste, but you can drink the rest whilst preparing!)
3/4 pint of Vegetable Stock (or chicken stock)
One bag of fake chicken (or skinless and boneless chicken thighs)
3 Anchovies (or a small pack of pancetta)
2 teaspoons of Herbs de Provence
2 teaspoons of Majoram
3 Sprigs of fresh Rosemary (don't break it up as it needs removing at the end)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste)
HOW TO DO IT:
- Soften the onions and peppers in a frying pan using olive oil then add to the pot
- Seal the Chicken in the same frying pan (for extra flavour - no need for the fake chicken stick it straight in the pot) - add to the pot!
- Placed the chopped garlic straight in along with all the other vegetables
- Add your stock of choice
- Chuck in the anchovies (or pancetta - both ingredients are their to add flavour)
- Add as many olives as you like, they are a great Mediterranean addition.
- Add the stock, red wine and herbs but save the seasoning until ready to serve.
If the dish is a little watery simply thicken with cornflour before serving.
This dish goes well with roast potatoes, mash or on it's own with a french stick!