I'm not a total fan of quorn, but the mince is certainly un-rivalled and most the most versatile and palatable of the lot. This serves 4 and freezes well.
|Shepherd-less Pie (not the greatest of presentation!)|
THE SHEPHERD-LESS BIT:
- Quorn mince - allow 2-3oz per person
- 1 medium Onion thinly chopped
- A squirt of tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- A squirt of Marmite (Don't freak out, I hate it with a passion but its the key ingredient for a tasty treat)
- Some fresh spinach
- garlic cloves (minced)
MASH TOPPING (Do this whilst the above cooks to save time):
- Good quality potatoes (approx 3 per person)
- Dried Parsley
- Pure Spread
- Extra-light soft cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
Everyone can make mash. Boil your potatoes until soft - add a sweet potato to the mix if you are feeling adventurous. Use a masher (it's not Come Dine With Me so no ricer required), add a tablespoon of Pure spread and soft cheese and a generous sprinkling of parsley and black pepper. That's all folks!
- 1 courgette (sliced)
- 1 red onion (Roughly chopped into segments)
- 1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (roughly chopped)
- Chunks of Beetroot
- Carrots (thinly sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olives if you fancy
- A good pinch of Herbs de province
- Black Pepper
- A good pinch of sea salt
Mix the veg together and place on a roasting tin for 40 minutes turning occasionally. Cook the pie for 25 mins or until a crisp top forms.
Speedy, tasty and great for all the family! Meat? Who needs it!!