So here is what I did and though I say it myself, it was pretty good. I decided on a tuna bake and did a rather good job of concealing the offending article!
THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- One pack of Passata (you can add a shop bought tomato sauce if you like too)
- Loads of Basil and Oregano
- A sprinkling of chilli seeds (literally a tiny amount)
- Parsley (dried)
- Half of a large tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of tuna
- 1 large onion
- Garlic (you decide how much)
- 1 green pepper
- Diced Courgette (optional)
- Carrots (optional)
Soften all these in a wok being careful not to caramelise the onions and chuck it all into the sauce pot.
Whilst all this is going on you should prepare your pasta. Cook it properly. I went for shells but penne would suffice. Spaghetti wouldn't work as well as the others.
Stick the pasta into a pyrex type dish then pile the sauce on top. Mix well then add a little pepper and Italian seasoning.
THE CHEESE TOPPING:
- Half a block of reduced fat strong cheddar
- 1 slice of grated bread (optional)
Grate the lot and top your bake.
PREPERATION TIME: 15 minutes
OVEN TIME: 30 minutes
Too easy and very effective. Serve with salad and/or garlic bread. Great if you are in a hurry. Yum!!