So here is my vegetarian/lactose free take on a fun cottage pie twist. Easy bake for busy families or for those just wanting a tasty treat! Don’t fancy “meat free”? Just substitute pork or beef mince (500g)
THE CARIBBEAN BIT:
· ¾ pack of quorn mince (or pork/beef mince 500g)
· 1 red onion – chopped
· 3 large handfuls of curly kale
· 1 red pepper – chopped
· 1 part boiled and finely sliced carrot
· 1 tbsp jerk paste (tesco is good)
· 1 tbsp lazy garlic
· Chilli to taste (optional)
Fry lightly in a tbsp of olive oil and spoon into a casserole dish. Allow to cool whilst working on the mash
APPLE MASH TOPPING:
- · Half a jar of apple sauce (or a cup of pre-mashed apple)
- · 1 handful of lactose free grated mature cheddar (or just cheddar)
- · Splash of lactose free skimmed milk (or normal)
- · Salt and pepper to taste
COMBINE AND COOK:
Mash and mix it all together and spread the mash evenly on top of the jerk mixture. Sprinkle with another handful of cheese and season to your taste.
Place in the middle of a pre-heated ovento 170 degrees oven for 30 mins or until golden. Serve with veg on the side if you like!
Total prep and serving time – 45 mins
FIT AS A BUTCHERS DOG!!!